Entrepreneur mistake no. 7 - Not spending time with your family and loved ones ( One of a kind business coaching experience)
So i met these teenagers and few youngsters in their early 20s about a year or 1.5 years back. They had started an interesting startup and were planning to grow it organically or else try for some funding. It was 6 months of trial and error done by them, when i entered the scene.
For the very first business coaching session, everyone was late. No one was focussed and everyone was overall irritated by their company situation and not to mention the frequent fights between the founder and cofounder.
Client complaints, no clear communication between the team members, no service or product delivered on time and 100 different issues is what i discovered in the initial meeting. So they asked me solutions for each issues.
I just smiled and started framing a sentence in my mind which would communicate them clearly that things don't work out that way.
I asked them, when was the last time they had a good lunch. No one gave me a happy answer. I asked when was the last time you all had lunch or dinner with your family members or loved ones. Answer was a big No.
I suggested them to have breakfast, lunch and dinner with their friends, relatives, family or loved ones... Without a miss. They sounded irritated as they wanted to some quick solution to their problems. I just said they have to trust me. I had already implemented few minimalistic business operation changes to minimize customer complaints so they did not have any other option than to listen to me.
After 7 days of breakfast, lunches, dinners , few exercises and Meditation sessions, everyone had a smile on their face as we sat for our 2nd business coaching sessions.
No one was late for the meeting, which was weird for them in a good way. We discussed many different issues in detail, without giving them direct answers so that they are empowered and prepared for the future. Interestingly, they had done their introspection and knew what mistakes they were doing in the past.
They slowly started implementing some of the ideas and they also came up with new suggestions to solve the business problems.
Now they are organically growing and also planning to increase their work force.
Cheers!!!
Do you think you need some life style changes to do better in your business?
For the very first business coaching session, everyone was late. No one was focussed and everyone was overall irritated by their company situation and not to mention the frequent fights between the founder and cofounder.
Client complaints, no clear communication between the team members, no service or product delivered on time and 100 different issues is what i discovered in the initial meeting. So they asked me solutions for each issues.
I just smiled and started framing a sentence in my mind which would communicate them clearly that things don't work out that way.
I asked them, when was the last time they had a good lunch. No one gave me a happy answer. I asked when was the last time you all had lunch or dinner with your family members or loved ones. Answer was a big No.
I suggested them to have breakfast, lunch and dinner with their friends, relatives, family or loved ones... Without a miss. They sounded irritated as they wanted to some quick solution to their problems. I just said they have to trust me. I had already implemented few minimalistic business operation changes to minimize customer complaints so they did not have any other option than to listen to me.
After 7 days of breakfast, lunches, dinners , few exercises and Meditation sessions, everyone had a smile on their face as we sat for our 2nd business coaching sessions.
No one was late for the meeting, which was weird for them in a good way. We discussed many different issues in detail, without giving them direct answers so that they are empowered and prepared for the future. Interestingly, they had done their introspection and knew what mistakes they were doing in the past.
They slowly started implementing some of the ideas and they also came up with new suggestions to solve the business problems.
Now they are organically growing and also planning to increase their work force.
Cheers!!!
Do you think you need some life style changes to do better in your business?

Comments
Post a Comment